Landroval Status: Last Updated: 2:19AM
Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
~ J. R. R. Tolkien
Add to Favorites   Subscribe to site feed   The Palantiri on MyLOTRO  
Allies take down Thorog!
Allies take down Thorog!
Posted by Doughzer
on 05 Jan 2010
Our Allies

Topic: Update 5: Armies of Isengard Release Notes - Bullroarer Only

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print
Nov 17, 2011, 11:01 AM #16
Mead Grog Offline
Kinship Member
Sergeant-at-Arms

Re: Update 5: Armies of Isengard Release Notes - Bullroarer Only

Wow, sounds like PvMP is getting some of the dummy-down love as well.  Seems like LotRO is playing the lowest common denominator game still.

How does, "Mobilize speed buff increased to 50%, power cost increased by 100%, shares the same recovery channel as “March!”, affect the WL popping the run buff and march?  Maybe they should make it so that its either one or the other, or give March like a 20 min cool down.

IMO the moors isn't about who can run away the best, we all know that wargs and burgs (burgs win if they have the full moors set) are the best at that, but who can win in the fights 1v1.  The problem is that the Devs never fix anything with balance in mind, instead they constantly try to one up what they did last time.  IMO, anything that aids flight over fight out there should go by the way of DF and be non-combat only.  Yes, that means HiPS and stealth too, as well as all run buffs.  Either that, or give in-combat DF back.  Doesn't make sense to allow the rest without the allowing DF.  They punished an entire class of Hunters based on what a few noob retards did with the skill, yet still allow wargs stealthed sprint bonus, and now march on top of that with the ability to get the WL run buff stacked.  Seems logical?

Personally, I like that they are adding speed bonuses.  The run speed in the game is entirely too slow, even with a +68% mount.  Honestly, even then it feels like it takes entirely to long to get anywhere without using swift travel stables.  But they should at least try to keep it so that, when buffed, one side can't outrun the fastest pace of the other side.  Increases in abilities/dps/speed/def are all great, but only so far as it balances the game while adding to it.  One of these days the Devs might get that...its a big maybe, though.

"If guns cause crime, all mine are defective." - Ted Nugent

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." - Patrick Henry
Nov 19, 2011, 02:00 AM #17
Gamburn Offline
Kinship Member
Esquire

That video was exactly what I was afraid of.  So now they can outrun us on foot if we have the fastest horses and they can travel anywhere on the map every 5 minutes.  Seems balanced   Huh?

If their run speed stacks I say my stealth should stack with my horse.  When I enter stealth if I'm mounted my horse should disappear as well and I should move at mount speed and be able to attack/dismount simultaneously and also mount in combat.

That would level the playing field after these changes.

Or shoot, give me maps.  I can't stealth on horse anyways, which negates a huge part of my class.  How am I suppose to catch creeps in stealth now?  It's already hard enough if you're specc'd and have the speed legacy with all their charges etc.  Now their default OOC run speed is going to be +30%...

Whoever thinks this is balanced... I'm sorry to say I disagree with you heavily.  I pretty much agree with what Keith said in his last post too.
Nov 19, 2011, 09:40 AM #18
Pink Fae Offline
Kinship Officer
Master Guardsman

I think we also need to remember that this is just for the test server. There have been many things from beta that didn't make it into the final version.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print

Jump to:  

August 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa

Birthdays

Post Event
Toggle VisibilityRecent Threads
[Mar 24, 2017, 09:34 AM]

[Jan 10, 2017, 01:27 PM]

by J
[Nov 02, 2016, 09:38 AM]

[Oct 30, 2016, 11:44 PM]

[Jul 05, 2016, 11:13 AM]

Toggle VisibilityRecent Activity
[Jun 24, 2018, 06:15 PM]

[May 19, 2017, 07:42 PM]

[Mar 12, 2017, 11:53 PM]

[Jul 08, 2016, 09:09 PM]

[Jul 08, 2016, 09:05 PM]

Toggle VisibilityStats
Members
Total Members: 198
Latest: rodohijyp
Stats
Total Posts: 21640
Total Topics: 1927
Online Today: 46
Online Ever: 142
(Sep 19, 2013, 04:22 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 27
Total: 27
Hope Reforged and Shattered Chains
Valid XHTML 1.0! TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc | Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
Based on XCaliber theme by Crip
Valid CSS!